The holiday season is upon us once again! Whether you have someone in your life that already follows a healthy lifestyle orif you want to inspire someone to take the leap, my top picks for healthy gift ideas will make buying gifts this season a little bit easier.
- Organic Cotton Mart Reusable Produce Bags($13.97 – $23.47): These environmentally-friendly bags can be used in place of plastic bags to bag produce at the grocery store or farmer’s market. They can also be used to help preserve produce and to strain nut milk, juice, or teas. And they’re made from organic cotton!
- Pyrex Glass Storage Containers($14.99): These glass storage containers are a must-have for anyone who wants to reduce their overall chemical exposure. Glass is naturally BPA and chemical-free! These are ideal for storing and reheating all of your healthy leftovers.
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet($18.97): Cast iron distributes heat evenly for perfect cooking of all of your favorite, nutrient dense foods. Cooking with a cast iron skillet eliminates the risk of chemicals leaching into food from nonstick cookware, and it provides an excellent source of nutritional iron. Plus, this brand is made in the USA! It allows you to cook just like your great-grandmother did!
- Hydroflask Water Bottle($29.95 – $59.95): A reusable water bottle serves as a great reminder to drink more water, and it eliminates waste from plastic water bottles. Win-win! This brand of stainless steel water bottle is built to last, insulated to keep drinks cold or hot, and comes in a variety of fun colors.
- Brute Force Sandbag($29.95 – $163.95):Sandbags are the ultimate functional training tool. They are portable and adjustable in weight. This brand is made in the USA, and it is used by the US military in training exercises.
- Plant Therapy Essential Oil Diffuser($49.95):An essential oil diffuser is a safe alternative to air fresheners, candles, and incense, and it also brings numerous health benefits. Diffusing essential oils can help with stress relief, sleep, allergies, strengthening the immune and respiratory systems, and more. This particular model is solidly constructed to last, and it is powerful for diffusing in large spaces.
- Instant Pot($72.07 – $139.95): No holiday gift guide for healthy living would be complete with the Instant Pot. This electric pressure cooker speeds up cooking time exponentially, and it has features to replace numerous other appliances (slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, and steamer). Convenient, safe, and so simple!
- Berkey Water Filtration System($264.10 – $356.25): This is a powerful water contamination removal system that is classified as a water purifier. It removes bacteria and viruses, as well as other water contaminants such as fluoride (with their PF-2 filters), lead, chlorine, THMSs, VOCs, benzene, and more.
- Vitamix($289.95): This high-speed blender is an incredibly useful kitchen tool! It can be used to easily whip up hot soups, smoothies, raw juices, dips, spreads, frozen treats, nut butter, nut milk, batters, and more. It’s sturdier and much more power than a regular blender.
- Membership at a local food co-op or community supported agriculture (CSA) share(Cost is variable): Both food co-ops and CSAs provide a different way to obtain local, healthy food at reasonable rates. Food co-ops are composed of members that join together to negotiate with local farmers for fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and other products. CSAs involve working one-on-one with a farmer to get a share of seasonal crops or meat. If you can find an organic (or pasture-raised as applicable) food co-op or CSA, even better!
Do you have healthy gift ideas to add to the list? Post your ideas below!